Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A New Semester

Yet again, I discover my blog. I shall dub it a "bi-annual" blog, and get over any lingering guilt. Done.

New semesters are so invigorating! Finals are behind us, and promise is ahead of us! My prayers are said, my hope is strong.

Last semester was more challeging. My estimates were off, as to the amount of time needed. The three major blunders: classes that were too ambitious; not realizing that the Art school had homework (whoops); and a Ballet rehearsal schedule which challenged my seventh-grader's ability to focus on school work.

I've corrected what I can. My Sophmore is half way through Junior year Chemistry, so we're sticking with that. I've dialed back two of her other classes, and we'll be working ahead, to prepare for the youngest's "Ballet Season."

On my own plate, I've decided to only take one art class, instead of the three I took last semester. This is to offset the other teaching class I took on. I now teach IEW Writing, Graphic Novel, and Cartooning 201.

I know what the end of spring semester brings. Stress. There will be performances in both Ballet and Theater, class finals, and the yearly CATs and SATs.

But for now... Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment