Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Three Summer Ideas

As summer kicks off, and my mind runs in fifty directions at once, I've highlighted a few paths which tickle my fancy.

One: Gardening. With a twist. When my poor Farm Town (facebook) crashed, I went into withdrawal. My cows, chickens, and rows of vegetables were kaput. Remembering the dirt outside my back door, my fertile mind saw the solution: towering tomatoes sheltering cheerful plastic animals. Posting photo's of my little world, brings magic and frivolity into a overworked hobby.

Two: Spying. No, not the kind that gets us arrested. The kind that sharpens, beckons, and expands our curiosity. Sandra Foyt's trip to D.C. is the inspiration. I might not make it to D.C. any time soon, but we can steal some of the sneakier ideas.

Three: Design time. The girls want style and splash in their rooms. I want something they'll still like in two months. We'll mine HGTV for ideas, and try our hand(s) at making swatch boards before we start. I've already told them they won't be crossing to the dark side, in wall colors. It must be able to be painted over - in less than four coats.

These are only three... of many. Other commitments lurk in the shadows, waiting to fill our carefree calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment